Is a delicious popular food that is widely spread in many countries of the world, specifically in Syria, Palestine, Lebanon and Egypt, where it is characterised by a variety of ingredients and methods of preparation, as well as a range of useful nutrients needed by the human body, usually obtained from restaurants of great meals specialised in preparing them, and can also work at home in different ways and flavors, and are served alongside many dishes, and in this article we will learn how to make tamiya.
Dried Fava Bean Fritters
- A cup of peeled beans soaked in enough water and sodium bicarbonate for at least six hours.
- Cup of both: fresh coriander, chopped parsley, leeks, dill. Half a teaspoon of salt.
- Half a teaspoon of black pepper. Half a teaspoon of cumin.
- 1 teaspoon dry coriander.
- Half a teaspoon of paprika.
- A pinch of baking powder.
- A small onion. Three cloves of garlic. 2 cups corn oil.
- A glass of water added to sodium bicarbonate.
- Scrambled egg.
- A glass of sesame for garnish.
How to prepare
- Place beans, green vegetables, onions, garlic, spices and baking powder in an electric blender, and turn it on at medium speed.
- Mix the ingredients well, to form a soft and coherent paste.
- Place the dough in a deep bowl and refrigerate for about half an hour.
- Remove the dough from the fridge, add the egg, and whisk again using the fork.
- Put a small amount of water and sodium bicarbonate on the hand, forming the dough in the form of medium-sized circular discs. Repeat the step to finish the required quantity.
- Sprinkle sesame on the face of the discs with the desired quantity.
- Place the corn oil in a wide pan over medium heat, leaving it to heat well. Place the discs inside the hot oil, leaving them for no more than three minutes, until cooked and discoloured.
- Remove the bait tablets from the oil, place them on paper napkins, or metal strainer, and leave them for a minute, to get rid of the excess oil.
- Place the bait tablets in a serving dish, along with pickles, chickpeas and salad.