Chicken Biryani with yogurt ... For a wonderful, kind and delicious Ramadan breakfast, learn from madam's kitchen how to make delicious Biryani recipes, try our recipe today with health and wellness.
- - Chicken thighs: 1 kg
- - Potatoes: 3 grains (cut into wide circles)
- - Yogurt: 1 cup
- - Gram masala spices: 1 teaspoon
- - Ginger: 2 tbsp (grated)
- - Garlic: 1 tablespoon (mashed)
- - Chilli pepper: 1 tablespoon
- - Turmeric: half a teaspoon
- - Lemon juice: 1/4 cup
- - Jalapeno Pepper: To taste (chopped)
- - Basmati rice: 2 cups (soaked in water 20 minutes)
- - Margarine: 3 tablespoons
- - Onions: 1 grain (large size/thin sliced)
- - Gar paper: 1 sheet
- Salt: 2 teaspoons
- Saffron: To taste
- Milk: 2 tbsp
How to prepare
- Prepare a large bowl, place the chicken thighs and add yogurt, garam masala, ginger, garlic, red chilli, turmeric, lemon juice and a teaspoon of salt.
- Stir well until smooth, then cover the bowl and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the margarine and stir in the onions until golden, then lift half the onion and set aside.
- Add jalapeno, bay leaf, potatoes and chicken with marinade and stir well.
- Cook over medium heat until the chicken is fully cooked.
- Drain the rice from the liquids, then add to the pot over the chicken pieces.
- Add the rest of the salt, drink 3 cups of water, then close the pot and cook at low temperature until the rice is cooked.
- Soak the saffron with milk for several minutes, then pour the saffron mixture over the ingredients and use a fork to stir the rice with the chicken.
- Garnish with fried onions and serve.