Pork belly is a fatty and delicious piece used to make bacon, but can be prepared in several ways. Whether you want to cook it in the oven, in a slow cooker or in a pan on the stove, pork belly can be a delicious addition to your meal.
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C). In the meantime, prepare a baking dish by inserting a high cooking rack.
- Record the meat. Using a sharp knife, skin the pig's belly in a crossed pattern. Slice across the skin in 2-inch (5 cm) spaced vertical rows, then create a series of vertical slides that are also spaced 2 inches (5 cm).
- Rub oil, salt and pepper. Place the pork belly on the prepared bread rack with the skin side facing up. Rub the top with oil, then season the meat generously with salt and pepper.
- Cook for 20 to 30 minutes. Place the seasoned pork belly in the preheated oven. Roast for 20 to 30 minutes, or until the skin is brown and looks fragile.
- Reduce the temperature to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (180°C). Lower the temperature without removing the pork belly. Let the meat cook for two to two and a half hours, or until it's over.
- Let him rest for 10 to 15 minutes. After taking the pork belly out of the oven, allow it to rest for 10 to 15 minutes before carving it.
- Serve while still hot. Grilled pork pulp will have crispy skin, but the inner meat should be thin and moist.
- Pork seasons its belly all night. Rub all sides of the pork belly with salt, pepper and chilli powder. Wrap the meat in a plastic wrap, then let it sit in the fridge all night.
- Records the skin. Using a sharp knife, cut parallel diagonal lines across the skin side of the pork belly. Cut a series of vertical diagonals on the first set, creating a cross interference pattern.
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan. Pour the olive oil into a large pan and place the pan over medium heat.
- Burn all sides of the meat. Place the pork belly in hot oil. Burn each side for 60 seconds, or until it looks light brown and crispy.
- Place the ingredients in the slow burner. Spread carrots and sweet potatoes on the bottom of a slow cooker. Place the pork belly on top, then pour the apple juice over everything else.
- Cook on high for 4 to 5 hours. Cover the slow cooker and turn it on to set up the high heat. Allow the pork belly to cook until it is finished - about 4 to 5 hours.
- Serve hot. Turn off the fire and let the pig's belly rest for 10 minutes before carving it. The meat should be very soft and hydrated when cut.
- Heat the dry pan. Place a large pan on the stove over medium heat. Don't add any oil to the pan.
- Cut the pork belly into slices. Using a sharp knife, cut the pork belly into thick slices 1/4 to 1/2 inch (6 to 12 mm).
- Brown pig belly. Place the pork belly slices in the hot pan and cook frequently until each golden slice is brown and crispy.
- Add spices. Once the pork belly becomes good brown, drain the excess fat and add honey, soy sauce, oyster sauce and garlic.
- Reduce the heat and continue cooking. Reduce the heat to medium, then continue cooking until the sauce intensifies and covers the pork belly like glazing.
- Serve hot. Remove the pan from the heat and serve the pork belly slices by glazing them.