This easy beef steak recipe is not only quick but can easily be a budget-friendly meal.
Cube steaks are portions of the top or bottom of the round that have been rolled out by running them through a special machine. Don't exceed a cube steak!
What are you going to need?
- 4 (6 oz) cube beef steaks.
- 2 tablespoons butter.
- 2 Large Onions (sliced).
- Optional: 1 pound mushroom (slices).
- Salt dash.
How do I do it?
- The meat cube is generously similar to salt and pepper.
- Melt the butter in a large pan and add the onions.
- When they are transparent, add mushrooms, if used, stir 10 minutes or until the onions are caramelised and the mushrooms are almost cooked, the water has almost evaporated.
- Push the vegetables to one side and add the cube steaks (in batches, if necessary) and more butter, if necessary. Fry the steaks quickly - about 2 to 3 minutes per side - until finished.
- Steak with caramelised onion slices and mushrooms on hot dishes and drizzle any juices accumulated on the meat. Serve with rye bread, boiled potatoes or mashed potatoes.
Cubing steak technology
Contrary to what you might think, cubing is a technique, not pieces of steak. Cubing is the process of running any solid pieces of meat, whether it be beef, pork, venison or any other protein, through a machine that penetrates solid dirt in a tangled pattern and gives the meat a cube appearance and, therefore, its name.